The mission of the Alcohol & Addictions Resource Center is to prevent alcohol and other drug abuse through prevention, education, intervention, assessment and referral services for individuals, families and the community as well as provide leadership for collaborations and partnerships.
In pursuit of this mission, AARC seeks to:
- Increase the public's awareness and understanding about the nature of alcoholism and drug addiction and work to eliminate misconceptions about these diseases.
- Encourage proper diagnosis, treatment and continuum of care for individuals and families who are affected by the disease of alcoholism or drug addiction.
- Advocate public policy that will effectively deter alcohol and other drug abuse.
- To maintain a presence in the community which allows AARC to objectively assess alcohol and other drug service needs;
- To develop within AARC, or through community collaboration, programs and services which address these identified needs;
- To remain independent and objective in AARC's efforts to serve individuals and families with alcohol or other drug problems;
- To provide families and other concerned individuals an anonymous, objective and confidential resource which allows for safe discussion of alcohol and other drug issues;
- To offer those with alcohol and other drug concerns HELP and HOPE.